The Britannia can be traced back to 1834 when the original brewery once rested on Allen Mansions with the 'The Brewery Tap' to the side.

Orignally owned by two gentleman Edward Herington and William Wells of Newland street, the partners never flourished and finally applied for bankcruptcy in 1924, when Youngs stepped in and bought the company. Deciding to concentrate brewing in Wandsworth, Young's sold off the brewery and kept The Birtannia.

The Brewery tap was renamed to the Britannia in 1938 and is still, in skeleton the building of 1834 but overtime has been altered to include a conservatory situated in the stable block of the old brewery, the lounge was extended and a new front in 1959-60.

Continuing up until this day Youngs have recently completed a new refurbishment on the premises which has created two additional meeting/private areas upstairs with a bar and fantastic facilities for local residents and business' to use.

What's On

What's On


  • The Grand National

    8th April 2017
    Read More
  • Board Game Mania

    14th April 2017
    Read More
  • Willy Wonka Family FUN DAY

    15th April 2017
    Read More
  • Easter Sunday egg decorating

    16th April 2017
    Read More
  • Rock and Roll bingo Easter Special - Back to the 80's!

    17th April 2017
    Read More